Royalty Free Images

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words?

I am a member of a Photo community called Photo.net, and I was amazed the other day to hear people's responses to one of my images. I posted an image that for me, made me feel calm and happy and quiet, while another member posted that the image made him feel sad, lonely and solitary. I found it very interesting that the same image could evoke 2 completely different emotions! I began to think about emotions in pictures, and I realize that pictures that I really really like are the ones that evoke stronger emotions. I have seen some pictures and thought, "wow, that is a really beautiful picture" but there isn't much emotion in it for me, while I can see a slightly different image and love it because of the emotion I feel when I look at it. So now I am left wondering how one would take an image of pure emotion? Its the question of "what does the emotion confusion look like? what would anger look like? or sad? happy? compassion?" Can you guess what my next project is going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment